This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
When we say, “we,” “our,” or “us,” we’re referring to Audio Visual Preservation Solutions, Inc., doing business as AVP, a New York S-Corporation, our employees, directors, officers, affiliates, and subsidiaries.
When we say “you” or “your,” we are referring to the person or entity that’s registered with us to use the AVP Services.
When we say “Websites,” we mean our websites located at weareavp.com, avcc.weareavp.com, coi.weareavp.com, catalyst.weareavp.com, aviaryplatform.com including all subdomains and sites associated with those domains, and other websites that we operate now and in the future.
When we say “Services,” we mean our Websites, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), web applications, desktop applications, products, content, resources, and various third-party services that make up AVP.
When we say “AVP,” we mean our Websites, Products, Resources, and Services collectively.
When we say “information,” we mean all of the different forms of data that you provide us and that we collect from you from your use of the Services, your software, and your devices.
When we say “Personal Data” we mean data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
When we say “Usage Data” we mean data that is collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
When we say “Cookies” we mean small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
When we say “Data Processor” (or “Service Provider”) we mean any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
When we say “Data Subject” or “User” we mean any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Information We Collect
- Information you provide to us: When you register for the AVP Newsletter, register for webinars that we produce, register for and use AVCC at avcc.weareavp.com, register for and use the Aviary platform at aviaryplatform.com, register for and use the Cost of Inaction Calculator at coi.weareavp.com, you are providing us with information, which we collect. This information may include your name, billing and mailing address, email address, phone number, organization name, title, and credit card information. We use a third-party intermediary to manage credit card processing. This intermediary is not permitted to store, retain, or use your billing information for any purpose except for credit card processing on our behalf.
- Information from your use of Services: This information may include IP Address, location information, webinar attendance information, date and time, browser type, scrolling behavior, clicking behavior, time spent on pages, items clicked and downloaded, and any other action you might have taken to use and while using the Services.
- Cookies: When you use AVP, we store “cookies,” which are strings of code, on your computer. We use those cookies to collect information about when you visit our Website, when you use the Services, your browser, your operating system, and other similar information. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you block our cookies, our Services may not work properly. Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Web Beacons: Our third party partners may employ web beacons to track online user movement to help us better understand what content is effective. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that are embedded in websites and in newsletter emails. With web beacons, our third party partners may collect information about you, such as your IP address, your browser or email client type, and other similar details. We use the data from our third party partners to improve our Services.
Audio Visual Preservation Solutions, Inc. uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To create your account
- To bill you for services
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To send you updates and alerts and to contact you about your account
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To better understand your needs and interests
- To personalize your experience.
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To transfer your information in the case of a sale, merger, consolidation, or acquisition.
- To improve our Services and our products.
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletters, you may unsubscribe by following the link located within our emails.
Audio Visual Preservation Solutions, Inc. may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Audio Visual Preservation Solutions, Inc. will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to locations within and outside of the United States for processing.
Under certain circumstances, Audio Visual Preservation Solutions, Inc. may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Audio Visual Preservation Solutions, Inc. may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Audio Visual Preservation Solutions, Inc.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
We take precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect your information, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, however, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our order form, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Audio Visual Preservation Solutions, Inc. aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Audio Visual Preservation Solutions, Inc. relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: Google Privacy Terms
We use HubSpot as a customer relationship manager and marketing platform, including our newsletter and social media. As a customer relationship manager we collect information that is provided to us with consent along with information about our interactions to make sure that we are being responsive and purposeful in our interactions with people. As a marketing platform we use the data we collect and requests for specific information from people (e.g., newsletter, aviary updates) to put the right information (what people are interested in) in front of the right people (those who have requested it) at the right time (when they need/care about it). We gather statistics around email opening and interaction using industry-standard technologies, including tracking pixels, to analyze the performance of newsletter and email campaigns. We use data about your interactions with our emails and our Service as an indicator of your interest in our services and products.
- AVP Blog: We have public blogs on our Website. Any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by anyone. If your personal information appears on our blogs and if you would like to remove it, you can send your request to [email protected]. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- We publish customer testimonials on our website, which may contain personal information. We obtain consent to post the customer’s name along with their testimonial. To request the removal of your personal information from a testimonial, please email us at [email protected].
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
By email: [email protected]